We are seeking a self-directed, authentic, and focused senior accountant to join our Dubbo team. You will have a strong knowledge of tax compliance, accounting skills and problem-solving abilities. We offer;
- Genuine client focus & client management role.
- Broad range of services & specialist opportunities.
- A commitment to outcomes, value, learning and excellence.
- Vibrant, innovative, team culture.
- Great workplace flexibility.
Reporting directly to a Partner, your role will be to:
- Develop and maintain excellent support and communication with clients. We cannot over communicate.
- Identify and follow up opportunities to add value for clients and for PrincipleFocus.
- Work collaboratively with the team, to support each other and to grow and advance our business.
- Review workpapers and finalise the preparation of year-end financial statements, tax returns and advice.
- Support clients with a range of other compliance obligations and queries.
- Prepare pre-June tax estimates for clients.
- A team player, energetic and possessing a good sense of humour & authenticity.
- A high standard of excellence in all work – because you cannot imagine doing it any other way.
- Dedicated, with strong work ethic, and willingness to attempt difficult tasks and sort out issues relevant to the task.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated skills in workflow management, prioritization and organisation.
- Completed Tertiary qualifications in Accounting.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a professional accounting environment.
- A desire to produce financial statements for clients that provide meaningful “management accounting” information.
- A strong working knowledge in Australian tax law for the purpose of meeting compliance obligations.
- Experience with mainstream accounting programs & accounting practice software.
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office applications and Xero.
- CA/ CPA qualifications.
- Xero certification.
- Country background including exposure to agribusiness.
- Experience in agribusiness accounting software including Figured and Phoenix.
You will be an integral part of a high performing and professional team, in a people focused business. We believe and are motivated by support for each other, service to clients, and “making a difference”.
An attractive remuneration package is on offer for the right candidate.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining what you will bring to the position. For further information contact Pete Debus or Elizabeth Mitchell on 02 6885 5788 for a confidential initial discussion.