Apps within the Xero Marketplace (otherwise known as Xero Add-Ons) are designed to save businesses time and money because data from other systems are automatically imported and/or synced with Xero – removing the need for manual data entry and messy paper based processes. Xero now integrates with over 700 time-saving apps. Check the Xero website to explore some of these.However, latest statistics show that around half of Xero subscribers in Australia aren’t using a single Xero Add-on from Xero’s app marketplace!
Xero Add-Ons can take care of things like:
- Point of Sale (Kounta, Vend)
- Inventory (Unleashed, Dear, Trade Gecko)
- Job & Project Management (SimPRO, ServiceM8, WorkflowMax)
- Payroll & HR (Deputy, Employment Hero)
- Ecommerce (Shopify)
- Bills & Expense Management (Receipt Bank, Hubdoc, Expensify, AutoEntry)
- Cash Flow Forecasting (Float)
- Reporting (Spotlight Reporting)
Before committing to any new Xero Add On app we recommend you do the following:
- Check out other people’s reviews available in the Xero Business Community.
- Visit the app’s website to gain a better understanding of the software, it’s capabilities and potential limitations.
- Sign up for a free trial and test the software for yourself.
- Organise a demonstration of the software from the software provider.
- Consider other apps that may connect to this app and how they can all ‘fit’ into your connected suite of business tools.
- Look at alternative systems for what you’re trying to achieve and consider the pros & cons of each.
- Most apps will have certificated partners that can help you with any more complex questions as well has help you get up and running. There will usually be a ‘Partners’ section on their website.